Blogging. People either love it or don’t understand it. Nowadays, it seems like everyone has one! Dogs, moms, and celebrities all have blogs. Modthink has a blog, which you’re obviously reading right now.
We’ve come to find that a lot of our clients either don’t have blogs or aren’t using them to their fullest potential. We are here today to tell you that 1. if you don’t have a blog…GET ONE! and 2. maximize its potential.
“But why do we need a blog?”
Blogs are a great way to prove that you’re an expert in your field while humanizing your brand. This builds up trust between your company and your clients, and proves that you know what you’re talking about. Being able to write about your products and services shows how well you really know your brand and if you’re able to articulate on it.
Research, research, research
Let’s take a moment and think about what you do before you make a big purchase. You think about it, discuss it with friends and family, do some research, and think about it some more. The key part in this equation is DOING RESEARCH. Before you spend a lot of money or purchase something of importance, you’re going to research it.
Which brings us back to blogging. Your site is a great place for people to start doing their research. If they’re interested in your company or the products you already offer, then chances are they’ll look to your site for more information. This is a great place to provide your client with lots of information!
Increase in searchability
Search engines LOVE blogs. Each time you write a new post, that’s new content available from your website. Search engine giants like Google and Bing love when your website is constantly changing, adding, and evolving, and reward you by placing you higher in the search results. The more you share, the more Google recognizes your website. And we all want to please Google, right?
Becoming content minded
We think you’ll find that once you get started blogging, you’ll start to think about what your next post will be. Suddenly everything becomes a new topic! Once you get in the mindset of content creation, post ideas will come more naturally. You’ll find that you really do know what you’re talking about, it’s just a matter of putting that information online.
Let’s talk next steps…
Can we all agree now that blogs are good and useful for your business? Okay good. Now…how to get started:
- Develop your blog
- If you don’t have a page created already, now is the time to create one. We can give you some recommendations on hosting sites and how to blend it with your current website. Design, design, design! Start laying the foundation. You’ll build upon this later!
- Start thinking about content
- Have a brainstorming session with your team. You can start mapping out topics and identifying your writers. Write what you know! Don’t assign writers to topics that they’re not familiar with.
- Build up about a month’s worth of content BEFORE you go live
- This is important! You’ll want to build your arsenal before you put yourself out there. Your readers are going to want to know that you have good content and are dedicated and that won’t show if you’re only putting out posts sporadically.
Overwhelmed? Don’t be! The good news is that you’re not alone. Many have gone before you and many will go after you. Blogging may seem intimidating, but we can assure you that it will all be alright. If you need a sounding board, we’re here to help. Give us a call or send us an email and we’ll get going!
Blogging is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to lead generation. There is so much more we can teach you! Learn more lead generation best practices with this FREE guidebook!