Good question. We’re here to help you find the answer.
You have all of the right skills, abilities, and knowledge for the job. You know your company is awesome, your team is qualified, and it is full of some of the smartest people you know. So how do you show off your All-Star subject-matter experts so the world can appreciate just how great you are?
Let’s start with a few basics.
Social Media Influencing
Yep, you read that right.
One of the easiest ways to begin establishing you are an expert and getting your name and brand out there is by having a strong social media presence. Chances are you probably have one already on a few of the popular platforms, but are you using them as you should?
Start with a social media marketing plan. Here are our recommendations:
- Write down your goals and objectives. What are you looking to accomplish? What is your one metric that matters? How much is a client worth to you? Time to set goals and make plans.
- Understanding who your target audience is through developing buyer personas allows you to get into the mindset of what your potential customers are looking for when they look up your company. What questions would they ask? What challenges are they facing?
- Develop your brand image. When was the last time you looked at your brand? Revised your logo? Updated your tagline? Do your customers trust you? Why do they trust you?
- Determine your marketing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) will help measure success.
Next is the fun part: creating the content. You are a subject-matter expert. Time to start sharing your valuable knowledge with the world. It’s okay to start small. Narrow your focus and pick the top three things you know you’re the best at.
Create a content calendar and start sharing that knowledge on a regular schedule in the form of blogs, posts, videos, infographics. Your audience will appreciate it, and in turn, start looking to you as their number one source of industry knowledge.
Time for a little behind-the-scenes action in order to further prove your thought leadership. There are a variety of tools available to do this. At Modthink, we create a solid foundation for our client experts by building out their Wikipedia pages and Knowledge Panels. You can start with the basics through your own utilization of:
- Wiki Development
- Personal Brand Syndication
- Individual Content Creation (*refer back to the Social Media Influencing section)
To put a twist on a Vince Lombardi quote:
“Thought Leaders aren’t born, they’re made”
Establishing your authority and getting people to know about your team of experts takes a lot of work. Nobody said it was easy, and there’s a bit of groundwork that needs to be done in the beginning. But the benefits you reap from all that hard work, make it worth it in the end.
Luckily, we can do it all for you.