Each spring, Hubspot releases their “State of Inbound” Report. We pulled some of the most relevant marketing and sales statistics for our clients:
1. 1/3 of marketers think outbound marketing tactics are overrated.
Paid advertising doesn’t work: 33% of inbound marketers and 31% of outbound marketers agree that tactics like that are the “top waste of time and resources.” Outbound marketers have more trouble proving ROI, securing budget, and training their team. Time to go inbound.
2. 40% of sales people say getting a response from prospects is getting harder.
The data is showing a disconnect between marketers and salespeople. While 59% of marketers say they provide their salespeople with their best leads, salespeople rank their marketing leads last. This can be improved by aligning sales and marketing efforts more effectively.
3. Marketers think video and multimedia platforms have the potential to disrupt.
Marketers are realizing the potential for video marketing. 48% of marketing professionals plan on adding YouTube promotion to their marketing plans. Check out our blog post on the virtues of video marketing for sales generation.
4. Marketers struggle most with metrics-driven challenges.
65% of marketers this year claimed that generating web traffic and leads was their biggest challenge in 2016. Improving those numbers requires user-friendly tracking software, such as an effective CRM.
5. Inbound organizations are 4X as likely to be effective.
Simply put, inbound marketers are much more likely to be satisfied with their marketing plan. There’s a way to have a marketing strategy that is understandable and consistently proves itself with results and revenue.